- Portfolio Worth: $7.5 million
- Date Joined REIN: 01/06/2010
- Properties in Portfolio: 18
- # of years investing: 4
Areas of Expertise:
- Joint Ventures
- Raising Capital
- Real Estate Agent
- Single Family
- British Columbia
Nick Derksen began his real estate investment business in 2010. From the beginning he has always focused on building himself first, through reading, training, studying and having mentors. He knows that the growth of his portfolio and the clarity of his life goals start from the inside first. In the summer of 2012, Nick stepped into his real estate career full time and has worked hard to accelerate his portfolio in BC's Lower Mainland since that time. Nick is a licensed builder, land developer, REALTOR® and an astute investor. His knowledge from each of these areas give him a well-rounded approach in putting deals together. Nick specializes in raising capital and structuring creative joint venture partnerships. He is married to an amazing woman named Courtney. They love to be active, play and explore the world with their two young sons, Micah and Wyatt.
How Your Coach will Help You Win:
One of Nick's life goals is to help others succeed in real estate investing while simultaneously finding their own happiness and balance in life. A quote from Zig Ziglar explains the way he tries to live: "You can have everything in life you want, if you just help enough other people get what they want.”
At the heart of Nick's coaching practice is the desire to help others remove the blinders that they put on themselves. He observes that although people may have the capacity for success, they often can't see the path or next steps to get there. As a coach he is a part of crafting that path with his clients through asking great questions, listening intently and providing relevant advice and information. His commitment is to fully participate in designing that path with his clients and then continue to serve them by encouraging regularly and challenging often.
Nick has been recognized in the REIN community in a variety of ways, primarily by serving on the "REIN Advisory Board" and offering his insight and feedback to the REIN leadership team to enhance and increase the experience of fellow REIN members.
- In 2013 and 2014 Nick won a "Real Estate Investment Top Player of the Year" award in BC, for his commitment to taking action and achieving results in real estate.
- In January 2013, and again in January 2015, Nick and his business partner presented their unique approach to investing in real estate on the REIN stage.
- Nick has participated on expert panels giving insight and advice to members seeking to take their investing business to the next level.
- Nick has also been recognized over the last four years with his REIN Bronze (3 properties), Silver (8 properties) and Gold (17 properties) award pins.
-Nick started his investment career in Edmonton, Alberta, but is now focused in the Lower Mainland of BC. He specializes in purpose built real estate holdings. He is also engaged in real estate through land development, building speculation and custom homes and helping clients buy and sell their own homes.